Forum Discussion

Billy_Ng
Level 2
18 years ago

Undo Last Night's Backup

Hi All,

Last night's backup i got an error ("unable to attach to one of the drives"). I had cleaned up some folders and forgot to uncheck in BE.... while i tested restoring from last night's backup and it's fine.. I wish to redo last night's backup. BE has locked that tape however...so I can't run the backup on the same tape...is there a way to remove BE's recollection of last night's backup and redo it now?

I wish to do last night's backup before today backup runs in 11 hours. So a quick response would be really really REALLY apprecieated :) Thanks

PS. I'm just a lowly programmer trying to cover the job of an network admin...so assume i know nothing about BE :)

Billy

5 Replies

• Just move that tape volume to the scratch media set and BackupExec should accept it as writable
  • On the media tab, you should see all your defined media sets, as well as the default Media Set1 and Scratch

When you move a tape volume to the scratch media set, backup exec will ignore any Overwrite or Append info associated with the media set currently on the tape, and you can write to it as if it were a new/newly labeled tape.
  • So after i do that i can move the media back to the default media set?
  • No, leave it in the Scratch set

If you move it back to the target media set, the OPP will be set as of the time that you moved it.