Forum Discussion

Angus_M
Level 2
18 years ago

Veritas driver

Hi, I need some help on if I should be using the Veritas tape drive driver or if I should use the manufactures driver.

Our specs:
Veritas backup exec 9.1 with sp4a
Tape drive Adaptec DAT 72-052 - the device Inquiry String is PV-100T-DAT72. At the moment this tape drive ahs the driver "Veritas driver version 5.0.1.1, date: 24/07/2003"

I have looked in the Hardware Compatibility Lists PDF but the closest match is "DAT 72" with the Inquiry String "SEAGATE^DAT^^^^DAT72" - the PDF i am talking about is http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_for_WindowsNT/282347.pdf

So im not sure if I should be using the Veritas driver for the tape - we are getting soft write and read errors so I just want to make sure that we are using the correct drivers - any help is much appreciated.

Regards
Angus

2 Replies

• From page 9 of that doc

PowerVault 100T DAT72 SEAGATE^DAT^DAT72 SCSI 4mm

Soft and Hard errors could be cables/terminators or old tapes as well as a driver problem

or the drive could be going bad. Download the manufacture diagnostics and do a few runs
  • Thanks Ken,

Oooops, I forgot to look in Dell section, thanks. The device Inquiry String does not match exactly but I assume this is ok.

Thanks.