Morph27
Level 4
18 years ago

What options do I have/don't have?

Server A (Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2)
BackupExec 11d is installed  with the following licenses:
04-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxx (BE 11d)
03-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxx (Exchange Agent)
08-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxx (Remote Agent for Windows & Netware)
Do I have CPS feature? If I do, why is "Tools - Continuous Protection Server..." disabled? Can I tell what version I have by the serial numbers or license keys?

Server B (Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2)
Member server
Exchange Server 2003 SP2

I'm going to use Server A to backup Exchange on Server B. As I understand it, I must install Exchange Agent and Remote Agent. The question is where am I supposed to install those agents? Server A or B? The agents are already installed on Server A but I am still unable to select Exchange 2003 machine to backup. I suspect I have to install the agents on Server B but unsure how to do that. And last question is: will I be able to use CPS feature on my Exchange 2003? How?

Btw, the sticky post Backup Exec 11d Best Practices Guides found at:
doesn't help. All links are dead.

Message Edited by Ronnie J on 06-08-200711:51 AM

4 Replies

• Doesn't look like you have CPS

The RemoteAgent actually installs code on the remote machine, but the Exchange "agent" is just a serial that unlocks the capability in the media server

You can either push the Remote Agent from the media server,  or can install it locally on the remote server see the Admin guide page 104

Message Edited by Ken Putnam on 06-08-200712:17 PM

• Doesn't look like you have CPS

How did you know? Is it because the feature is disabled? Does the CPS feature require a separate license?

You can either push the Remote Agent from the media server,  or can install it locally on the remote server see the Admin guide page 104

Does the following accomplish the same thing (thru GUI)?
    From the media server, click Tools - Install Remote Agents...
    and follow the wizard

• 1. BELAT_327.zip download keeps failing. Not sure why but I'm not going to worry about it for now
    2. Yup, that did it. I can see the info store

Time to RTFM on Exchange feature. Thanks again.