Forum Discussion

calil
Level 2
16 years ago

nw65sp8 - I cannot use backupexec ... is there anything to do ?

I have applied NW65SP8, and BCAKUPEXEC start to crash my server.
What can be done, since I have the latest BCAKUPEXEC patch ?

It is unconditional, it starts (bestart.ncf) , the server crashes.
  • NW65SP8 automatically loads and sets it to c:\nwserver\STARTUP.NCF.
    I renamed it on c:\nwserver\drivers and reinstalled BACKUPEXEC and now runs fine

Calil

3 Replies

• Please contact support for assistance resolving this issue.  Please have the following log ready. 

JOB LOG of failed job (from *:\BKUPEXEC\LOG) – BENW only
    OFMNW.LOG (from SYS:\SYSTEM\OFM\)
    OFMNW.CFG (from SYS:\SYSTEM\OFM\)
    OFMCDM.CFG (from SYS:\SYSTEM\)
    OFMNW.LIC (from SYS:\SYSTEM\OFM)
    LICENSE.OFO (from *:\BKUPEXEC\)
    CONFIG.TXT (after typing LOAD CONFIG /ALL at the system console, from SYS:\SYSTEM\)
    BEDIAG.FAX (after typing LOAD BEDIAG at the system console, from *:\BKUPEXEC\)
    SYS$LOG.ERR (from SYS:\SYSTEM\)
    ABEND.LOG (from SYS:\SYSTEM\)
    CONSOLE.LOG (from SYS:\ETC\) You will have to unload CONLOG to gather this file. If the server has been rebooted before you could gather this file, then the file has been overwritten. This is a key file and "LOAD CONLOG" should be remarked out of the autoexec.ncf file for troubleshooting purposes. Therefore if the server is rebooted, then this file is not overwritten. Once the troubleshooting process is complete, this remark should be removed.

NOTE: if Open File Option (OFO) is not being used, the OFM* files will not be present.

Document ID: 272980
    http://support.veritas.com/docs/272980
    How to use the BEGATHER (log file gathering utility) in Backup Exec 9.1/9.2 for NetWare Servers
  • I saw that after applying NW65SP8, NWTAPE.CDM is automatically loaded and set to STARTUP.NCF.
    So I renamed it on c:\nwserver\drivers and reintalled BKUOEXEC again, and now is fine.

Thanks for supporting me.

Kind Regards

Calil
  • NW65SP8 automatically loads and sets it to c:\nwserver\STARTUP.NCF.
    I renamed it on c:\nwserver\drivers and reinstalled BACKUPEXEC and now runs fine

Calil