Forum Discussion

18 years ago

print option on menu file is dimmed

I cannot assign a printer to receive a job log as the printer does not show up on the file menu and also is not in the drop down on the print selection for receiving alerts. What are the steps to making 11d recognize the network printer?

4 Replies

• Hello,

-- How did you configure the Printers under backup exec?

Thank You.

Shweta
  • Back to my original question. What do I do to get 11d recognize my printer? In all previous versions I have ever used, after installing Veritas, the printer was viewable. I could not find an option to "install" a printer. If there is one, where is it? The documentation was most unclear and never referenced installing a printer. If I overlooked it, where is it?
  • Jim,

Does that backup media server have the network printer installed that you want to print to in the printers and faxes?
  • Corey:

The printer in question is a networked printer, hard ip address that has been installed on a port on the sbs2003 server that has backupexec on it. however, it does not show in backupexec. I find that confusing. I understand from the documentation that the fax server printer will not show up, but I would think a networked printer would if it shows as a printer on the print menu from the control panel.