02-28-2013 01:21 PM
Here's a job opportunity that I recently came across. Just passing along . . . as they haven't filled the position yet.
Please mention Marty Enns if you apply. https://www.gilead.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=10554&CurrentPa...
Job Posting Title:
|Job Location:||Foster City|
|Full-Time / Part-Time:||Full-Time|
|Specific Responsibilities:||This position coordinates and performs activities related to the search, identification, and preservation of e-mail for Gilead Sciences’ legal and compliance matters.|
|Essential Duties and Job Functions:||• Act as the primary liaison between the IT Infrastructure and Legal eDiscovery groups.
• Identify and preserve email based on criteria specified by the Legal eDiscovery team.
• Maintain and provide access to Discovery Accelerator and Clearwell environments to support email searching and export by the Legal eDiscovery team.
• Notify Legal of any planned changes, upgrades and outages of eDiscovery-related systems as well as any other systems frequently accessed during the data collection process.
• Consults with eDiscovery team to determine email preservation requirements and best practices for litigation and compliance.
• Provides recommendations, plans, timelines and estimates to the responsible in-house legal team for eDiscovery related projects.
• Perform quality control on data related to email search, collection, and preservation results.
• Maintains accurate and current records of all aspects of projects relating to email holds, collection, and processing related to litigation issues.
• Provide after hours and weekend support to the Legal eDiscovery team when requested.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
This list is not meant to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities assigned to this position.
|Knowledge, Experience and Skills:||Requires Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field, or equivalent work experience.
Typically has 5+ years of, eDiscovery and/or litigation support work experience.
Experience to maintain and update Symantec eVault, Discovery Accelerator, Clearwell and the related backend databases a plus.
Solid experience with eDiscovery including knowledge of technology platforms (including Symantec Enterprise Vault & Discovery Accelerator and Clearwell).
Must be proficient with MS Office, PowerPoint and Excel.
Exposure or proficiency in web-based reporting delivery and other personal computer applications.
Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL Server and SQL Server Reporting Services a plus.
Previous experience in the Pharmaceutical/Life Sciences industry a plus.
Knowledge of IT Compliance issues a plus.
Knowledge of backup applications and backup/restore procedures a plus.