Forum Discussion

Sortid
Level 6
13 years ago

DA Search crashing

Hi,

I have EV8 SP5 backend with Discovery Accelerator 9 SP2.  When you run a search, the DA client freezes.  You need to kill it and restart to see the results of the search.  This is happening for everyone.  Any ideas what could cause this?

Thanks.

• Is DA on the same server as EV?

Did you grab a SQL Profiler during the search to see what is going on?

How many hits are you getting and what does the search criteria look like?

just a thought, since you can reproduce it at will it might be worth opening a case and having symantec look at the issue directly.

5 Replies

• Have heard of something similar when SQL maintenance hasnt been run and queries run a lot slower and don't return in a fast enough time Has this ever worked with the client?
  • Not sure if it's ever worked, hadn't heard any complaints about the previous system.  Am going to try an uninstall and reinstall of the product and see what happens.

• I had a look at that document and rebuilt indexes, compacted database, etc, but no change.  What i have found is that the client freezes for a period of time then comes good, but it is affecting only one customer database (basically the only one that actually gets used - it's 2GB in size).  When I ran a test search, the actual search took 30secs, but the client froze for 18mins.  This is repeatable for the same search. I have upgraded the EV backend to EV9 SP2 as well

• Is DA on the same server as EV?

Did you grab a SQL Profiler during the search to see what is going on?

How many hits are you getting and what does the search criteria look like?

just a thought, since you can reproduce it at will it might be worth opening a case and having symantec look at the issue directly.