Forum Discussion

mcapshaw
Level 3
11 years ago

Backing up folders on 2003 R2, changing uppercase to lowercase.

I have a policy for a flat file pick up of some Databases.  The folder on the 2003 R2 server look like this X:\Mssql, but when I do a restore I have 2 choices, X:\Mssql or X:\mssql.  It puts the files in either of the two folders.  Has anyone seen this?  I have googled and found nothing but I may be wording it incorrectly in my search.  Its not a big deal, but just annoying to the restore team.

• I think I have figured it out, its the policies, I have two for that server.  One is for full system state and the other is an every 4 hour db backup.  I need to exclude the db drive and folder in the full system state.

5 Replies

• so are you saying the when you select the restore to Original location restore in restore window

sometimes its keeping the files on X:\Mssql and sometimes into X:\mssql.  ?

do you have these 2 folders in the servers with valid source data..?

• Yes, when we look at the data to restore it has data in both folders in the BAR, Mssql and mssql even though the server itself has just one folder, Mssql. 

• Has the policy ever been changed? - wondering if it has reflected this into the images - or if that folder itself has been changed?

Is there a specific date range when they show as one case or the other or is it random?

• I think I have figured it out, its the policies, I have two for that server.  One is for full system state and the other is an every 4 hour db backup.  I need to exclude the db drive and folder in the full system state.

• Ah - so not a policy change but two with it picking it up differently - I was close that it could be coming from the policy!