Forum Discussion

bedude
Level 3
10 years ago

ADD Servers w/ Trust Established Succeeds but won't show up

Hello guys,

I had to recreate our Backup Exec 2012 backup schedule due to someone making some mistakes.

I deleted all but the underlying server it was operating on (my understanding is you can't remove the server it resides on) and when I went to re-Add Server one in particular it is 'Successful' and I check marked the Establish Trust when adding.

The server never populates on the list.  I added 2-3 other ones the exact same way and they show up and are also 'Successful'.

Anyone know why this would happen?  Why this one server would not populate?

If I add it as a File Server it doesn't not work properly since it is a PDC/DNS/Exchange Server

9 Replies

• ...have you tried to uninstall the agent and then push-install it again?

Thanks!

• I reinstalled the agent (removed it) and then pushed it out manually to the server.  When I go through the "ADD SERVER" process it allows me to add it, it gives a "SUCCESSFUL" and green check mark at the end however when I finish the process it never appears on the list.

Anyone have anymore ideas?

• ...sorry, work ;-)

Is the beremote.exe process started on the server in question?

Thanks!

• Are you adding this as an Exchange server ? Does this machine show up when you add it as a regular File server instead ?

And are you adding the server using IP address or FQDN ? Do try both the ways to add the server and see if it populates.

• Yes it is an exchange server.   I can indeed, add it as a file server however it used to work as normal.

I typically use(d) the hostname for adding servers, but I will try the IP now!