Forum Discussion

Rick_Okla
Level 3
13 years ago

Administrator Credentials Fail on Primary Server

My Backup Exec 2012 running on a Windows Server 200 fails on the credential test on the Primary backup Server, the other servers test ok with the system account.  I have deleted the backup set for the server and recreated it, and the tests fail on all the drives.  It worked up till a week ago, installed SP1, and still have the same issue.  I'm really not happy with this version as it has given me fits from day one and may roll back to 2010.

2 Replies

• Have you actually saved the job and seen what happens if you run a backup?

Also if this is some kind of domain controller (by your primary reference) then I hope the account in question is a full domain admin and not just a backup operator 

• I have the system account as part of the administrator account on the Domain.

I'll run a test to see if I can get a partial backup.  Will know more later today, and will know for sure in the morning, just have had several backups fail in the last week.  I was able to logon to the System account for BE 2012, and as I said before, all other servers and workstation have no problem testing with the backup system account, just the primary.