Forum Discussion

mli7777
Level 5
11 years ago

AOFO initialization failure

Kind of a two part question/issue

I did some research on this issue and not seeing much that will help.

So first off can someone explain to me in fairly lamen terms what AOFO is required for if anything?

I have a customer with a single server using backup exec. 2010.

One of my favorite things in this world of IT is a backup that had been working fine for a long time and now doesn't.

I am going to inculde a screen shot of the start of the error.

This is the first time I have worked on this client and since it is a small one server company can I just shut off AOFO and see if it still backs up ok?

It is not needed for Exchange or SQL is it?

I am going to probably start with a manual backup later today to see if that works since I have seen that suggested and if it does maybe clean up the DB?

And side note I tried to run live update and it ran for 15+ min. and never came up and told me if it had updates.   So I have cancelled that and will try it again later also.

Thanks

Mike

• This is the base Backup Exec 2010 version. The upgrade between revisions cannot be done through Live Updates.

The current version of Backup Exec 2010 R3 with many updates and fixes can be installed from the link located here http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH66724  under BE 2010 R3 Install:  

The upgrade between revisions cannot be done through live updates.

After BE 2010 R3 is installed the most recent service pack can be installed from Live Updates.

11 Replies