Forum Discussion

4 Replies

• I'm going to go out on a limb and say never will BackupExec have support for that.  There are a number of reasons for it, but the biggest is money/revenue.

There are a lack of customers to justify that level of supporrt in an SMB product.  Let alone a proprietary setup like that.

That said, you only have a few options for AS400/iSeries.  IBM Tivoli, DataDomain + VTL, BRMS, and one other I can't recall right now (laser something?)

I don't even think NetBackup offers this?

You typically write to tape with AS400/iSeries.  So typically a unix admin writes to BRMS to write to tape over FC.  Well you can substitute with a VTL that supports AS400 like DataDomain.  Or you can buy the only recommended solution from IBM, which is TSM...

• LOL, I'm not a fan of AS400.  It's all greek to me (Or "geek" as those *nix admins are hardcore closet dungens and dragon fans).  But i know it's critical to many businesses and know that it takes some extra care to provide DR options...  

• yeah, i'm much the same we have a contractor that looks after most of the ruinning of the server but i would have been nice to add it to our backup job.