Forum Discussion

loris_r
Level 2
15 years ago

backup exec 10

Hi all,
I'm using BE10 to backup my network now i see that my large size of thebackup is the mailbox of the user there any possible that i can configure that one daybackup all mailbox and the day after not backup the mailbox?

Loris
  • Another point, if you are backing up the mailboxes and the information store, you could forget the bricklevel mailbox backup and just do the information store. This saves you time and disk space.

If you want any further info on how to set up the jobs and schedule, just say.

Berny 

3 Replies

• You would need to create 2 jobs. Each job with its own selection list and schedule these jobs to run on alternate days.  One of the jobs will select all the users' mailboxes and nothing else, while the other job will select everything except for the users' mailboxes.
  •  Hi Loris,

Why not set up a full job for the w/end and then partials for the rest of the week?

You can do this in the job setup, select what you want to backup and then schedule it for the right days.

Berny
  • Another point, if you are backing up the mailboxes and the information store, you could forget the bricklevel mailbox backup and just do the information store. This saves you time and disk space.

If you want any further info on how to set up the jobs and schedule, just say.

Berny