Forum Discussion

qwerq
Level 3
10 years ago

Backup Exec 2010 0xe000fec2

Hello,

i ve some strange error, first my windows update on the server stops working.

see here https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/windows-update-error-80070020-and-symantec-cps

i remove (deinstall) the cps server. now the windows update works.

but every backup i get the following error: 

Endgültiger Fehler: 0xe000fec2 - Beim Zugriff auf die Snapshot-Handle trat ein Fehler auf.
Endgültige Fehlerkategorie: Ressourcenfehler

Some solution for me?

thanks a lot

• Hello,

thanks for the help, i ve found the error.....

the backup job want to backup the content protection server but i removed the software.

the selection was only viewed in the text list, and not in the graphical tree view.

i removed the entry in the text view, and now the backup is working again without any error.

thx a lot for the help ++

6 Replies

• Are you receiving this error during the backup of existing CPS data or other data type ? Does recreating the backup selection list / backup job help ?

Any vss or volsnap errors / warnings logged in the event viewer ?

Lastly, do ensure AOFO is enabled and set to use the microsoft vss provider.

• hello,

aofo is disabled

cps ist removed (deinstalled)

• Have you tried creating the backup selection list and backup job ?

And enable AOFO.

• Hello,

sorry i was rly busy.

i attached the hole error log:

Auftrag beendet am Dienstag, 2. Juni 2015 um 00:16:58
    Abschlussstatus: Fehlgeschlagen
    Endgültiger Fehler: 0xe000fec2 - Beim Zugriff auf die Snapshot-Handle trat ein Fehler auf.
    Endgültige Fehlerkategorie: Ressourcenfehler

Zusätzliche Informationen zu diesem Fehler finden Sie unter der Verknüpfung V-79-57344-65218

• Do you receive the same error after enabling AOFO and recreating the backup job/selection list ?

• Hello,

thanks for the help, i ve found the error.....

the backup job want to backup the content protection server but i removed the software.

the selection was only viewed in the text list, and not in the graphical tree view.

i removed the entry in the text view, and now the backup is working again without any error.

thx a lot for the help ++