Forum Discussion

patje26
Level 2
11 years ago

Backup Exec 2014 service

Hi all,

I just updated from BE2012 to BE2014.

I also updated the remote agent on 1 server but now I have to restart that server so the Remote agent for Windows can be fully updated. The only problem is that this specific server (mailserver) may not be restarted.

The Remote agent service is not not started and when I try to restart the service manually I get this message:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows could not start the Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows on Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 536928719.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there any other way to get this service started without restarting the server??

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

• There is usually a registry key which sets the flag to a reboot required and this can be disabled by altering it.

However, I would recommend to reboot the server whenever you can for the remote agent update install to be successful.

4 Replies

• There is usually a registry key which sets the flag to a reboot required and this can be disabled by altering it.

However, I would recommend to reboot the server whenever you can for the remote agent update install to be successful.

• And do you know which key that would be?

When I can I will reboot the server but that probably won't be for a week at least. sad But I do need my backups smiley

Thanks

• Do ensure to backup your registry before making the changes. There are couple of keys named PatchReboot and Reboot found at HKLM\SOFTWARE\Symantec\

Deleting this may bring you time, but as suggested earlier, reboot is the preferred and recommended option.

• Ik just restarted the server and it went okay...thanks for your help