Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Backup exec 2014 sur disque USB

Backup exec 2014 V14.1 sur Windows 2012 R2

J'effectue une sauvegarde sur disque USB ( F:) bien que le disque F: est exclu, Backup exex l'inclue dans la sauvegarde

Résultat : la sauvegarde boucle sur elle même et ne s'arrête que lors de la saturation du disque F:

Pas de réponse du support

Merci

• I don't anderstand what you mean with .bkf files.

To resove my problem i create a empty directory on the usb drive and include it in the backup job .

It's OK

Thank's

5 Replies

• In the backup job under "Selection Details" check if the F drive shows as excluded.

Alternately you may also try creating a new backup job.

• Sorry for my English

The disk F is excluded ... I tried another backup job and is the same result

• You can prevent the .bkf files from being backed up. Quoting from http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO98839 To automatically exclude .bkf files from backups, locate the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Backup Set the value Disable Backup of Disk Storage Devices to 1 to automatically skip .bkf files. Set the value to 0 to re-enable the default behavior in which .bkf files are backed up.
  • I don't anderstand what you mean with .bkf files.

To resove my problem i create a empty directory on the usb drive and include it in the backup job .

It's OK

Thank's

• When you target the backup jobs to a B2D (Backup to Disk Folder) the backups are stored

in .BKF format.The above article expalins how to exclude the .BKF files from the backups so that

the job does not go in to a loop.