Forum Discussion

19 years ago

Backup Exec Job Engine service seems stuck

In the Alerts section, I keep getting the error "The job failed with the following error: The Backup Exec job engine system service is not responding." The Backup Exec Job Engine service will not start. It seems to be stuck on starting when I look at it. I've tried disabling it, manually starting it, rebooting after disabling it, then enabling the service, but the service status never gets past starting. I'm running a Windows 2000 server.

2 Replies

• I also tried to replace the bengine.exe that the service runs. That didn't work either. The service just timed out with the message "Could not start the Backup Exec Job Engine service on Local computer. Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. I also made sure that all Dependencies of the Backup Exec Job Engine were started.
  • Hello,

Please refer the following technote to troubleshoot this issue further.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/239610

Backup Exec services are running under which account?

Does the Backup Exec job engine service starts after changing the startup type as manual?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.