Forum Discussion

16 years ago

backup exec stalls one third of the way - services still running

the last couple of days our backup exec has stalled about 1/3 of the way through.

all services are running.

nothing in the alerts.

the only thing I can find in event viewer is pasted below, could this be the culprit, and how do I resolve it

target: d:\program files\backup exec\servicesmgr.exe

event info: suspend thread

action taken: blocked

actor process: c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe (pid 1852)

• seems to be working now. I was able to narrow it down to a particular server that the job paused on each time, reinstalled the remote agent on that server and that seems to have fixed the problem.

curious thing is that there were no alerts or anything in event viewer on either the server hosting veritas 11d or the server running the remote agent.

4 Replies

• it has paused again after about 30 minutes.  has processed 72,618,096,422 (usually gets this far or a little farther), job rate changes slightly, and job status says "updating catalogs"

• job started back again, but only got a little further and has stopped, been sitting at 82,169,495,792 for over an hour.

no errors, no alerts, just sits there.

what in the world would cause this??

• how do you do a repair install on a remote client?

or do you just reinstall?

what I have found is that the backup failes on our file server, which is backed up using the remote agent.

• seems to be working now. I was able to narrow it down to a particular server that the job paused on each time, reinstalled the remote agent on that server and that seems to have fixed the problem.

curious thing is that there were no alerts or anything in event viewer on either the server hosting veritas 11d or the server running the remote agent.