Forum Discussion

Nokkela
Level 4
12 years ago

Backup failure

After some full and incremental backups i have got same errors:

33152 - adam mover error

57665 - i/o error

Now, i dont know what to do. Firmware and drivers - last stable versions. I am replaced "catalogs" folder and erased all tapes in the library, "ODBC error" after inventory has missing. First backup was without any errors after which i did some recovery jobs - all ok, but next full backup, after 4-5 hours, at 50%, exited with errors(btw, tape is empty at this moment). After errors, tape had marked - "end label is unreadable" and now tape have got +1 stable write or read error I had tried with 10 tapes (some tapes are with differential backup which i did some days before about, 400GB) and all ended with errors. Problems with write protection are excluded.

I don't understand why the 2nd backup fails.

• If you have HP Insight Management software running on your server, stop it.

14 Replies

• In my experience the "Refresh handle" message was related to device communication issues and/or the device disappearing and reappearing in windows.

• So, now backup job finishing without any errors. Seems like the problem was in HP storage service, and now i`am testing the new configuration and will mark the solution soon.

• Now, i think that it was incompatibility between symantec tape driver and HP WMI storage service(my carelessness, i had read about this many times at this forum). I forgot to disable the service, because Symantec worked with hp tape drivers earlier.

• Thank you for help! Now, after a week of backups i can say - the problem was in HP wmi storage service which i forgot stop.)