Forum Discussion

Bill999
Level 3
10 years ago

BE 9.1 won't catalog media, even after multiple "inventory" operations

Same problem whether trying to catalog tape or B2D.  Problem is that C: crashed, and that is where BE stores the catalog.  So, have in this case, over a year of backups that do not seem to appear in the catalog.

Thank you.

6 Replies

• You need to right-click on the media and select catalog. Inventory is not good enough
  • I know, sadly.

This is the msg I receive when I try to catalog a B2D file:

Catalog 0182 -- The job failed with the following error: One or more pieces of media in the media family being cataloged has not been inventoried.
    No objects on these media may be cataloged.

I have repeatedly selected the "device" (being the folder)  from the Devices window, right-clicked to Inventory, which runs without errors.

What is interesting (to me at least) is that the byte count for Inventory operations is zero.

• Go to Tools ----> Options -------> Catalog and uncheck the Request media in Sequence option and try the catalog again
  • Under Settings|Cataog, I have these checkboxes:

use storage media-based catalogs (currently checked)

Truncate catalogs after (unchecked)

Remove unused catalogs after (unchecked)

Do not see any option like you described.

• If this option is not present in BE 9, then I think you are out of luck.  If I am not mistaken, BE 9 is already EOL, so you cannot log a support case.

You would have to upgrade to the latest version of BE which has this option to catalog the media.

• Technically, it's 9.1, but, yeah, EOL for sure.

SO, the (unchangeable) default was to log "in sequence?"

Thx.