Forum Discussion

RawadBM
Level 3
9 years ago

BE Backup White Space

Hi 

I'm Using Backup Exec 2015. I have virtual environment consisted of 10 linux servers hosted on ESXi 6.0.0 All Servers are Linux Based OS. All of the server are backed up in one job.

The full backup size was around 650 GB and everything was fine. 

The problem:

two weeks ago, there were power failure on the UPS and the servers shutdown unexpectedly. The BE was running differential job at the time. When I started the servers and made sure that all BE agents are running, the differential job went ok ( in term of size ) but the full backup now is 1.9 TB ( total size of all disks ).

In addition the following exception begin to appear on all servers ( On full and Differential ):

V-79-40960-38531 - During Granular Recovery Technology (GRT) operations, the necessary boot configuration files could not be loaded. 
Backups that were enabled for GRT may not be available for restore.

I installed BE Feature pack 3 and I tried all solutions suggested on this community like shutdown and restart the servers, backup servers while they are shutdown, uninstall BE agent and reinstall it, delete the job and recreate it, delete the server from BE and add it.... Still the same problem ( 1.9 TB instead of 650 GB ) on full backup. This issue consumes time and space.

Any Help Is Appriciated

• You may need to reset CBT within each VM

http://www.veritas.com/docs/000086460

11 Replies