Forum Discussion

johnny99
Level 3
5 years ago

BE2012, BE15, BE21: Catalogization of imported bkf files failed - Encryption key cannot be retrieved

Dearest Veritas Community,

I feel really sorry to bother you at Easter. When I tried to catalog an imported BE2012 backup on a new server, a message "Encryption key (code) cannot be retrieved". Checked passphrase and created new key (same passphrase, 256, Fips 140-2 not activated, common access).

Also tried on different OS Windows 2008R2, Windows 2019 with combinations of Backup Exec: BE 2012, BE15 FP5, BE21. Same (old) Domainname. Same error.

Workaround according
https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100017836
failed.

Your help will be very appreciated.

Kindest regards
Daniel

8 Replies

• The same pass phrase that was used at the time of the backup should be put in.
    The Key name does not matter but pass phrase has to match.

johnny99
      Level 3

Thank you very much. The passphrase was documented on separated and printed excel and is the same. Must be a technical issue.

Gurvinder

by any chance, is the database BEDB.BAK ( database backup ) present from the time when the backup was taken ?

Was the passphrase same for all the backup sets  or kept changing for different jobs which appended to the same tape ?

johnny99
      Level 3

Yes. The same at the time, when we created the backup job. We wrote down the passphrase on an excel table, printed it out separately and stored it in a bank safe. I tried to name it the same. I may try a different name with same passphrase.

Thanks.