Forum Discussion

sunjun
Level 3
14 years ago

BE+Oracle, 0xe0001405-Unknown CORBA exception,

Backup of an Oracle database fails with an error as follows:

Final error: 0xe0001405 - Unknown CORBA exception. Unable to contact the media server. Confirm that the Backup Exec Job Engine service is running on the media server.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-5125

And, there is no firewall between Oracle and BE2010(on Windows Strorage Server 2003), I changed the port number from 5633 to 6633, 15633, the error was the same, then I add the "::1 localhost" in hosts file, although the IPv6/IPv4 was not used in the network, it did not work.

The reference is:http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH58180

could anybody give me a suggestion? thanks very much!

8 Replies

• Try restarting BE job engine service and oracle server remote agent service.

• I have rebooted the oracle server, and reinstalled  the  remote agent,  they did not work also.

• And, could you estimate that the error caused by BE, Oracle or other issues?

thanks!

• could anybody give some help? I'm on an anxious seat now, thanks a lot!

• Yes, I have added "::1 localhost" in the hosts file, althrough the OS is Windows server 2003, but not 2008, and IPv6/IPv4 was not used in the network. but it is no use

And there is no Tcpip6\Parameters\DisabledComponents key in the registry.

• Hi Sunjun, do you any resolution for this yet? Coz I am also facing the same issue, but my client is a Windows 2000 server.

• Hi all,

The backup job has been normal, this time, beside changing the port number, I re-plugged the network cable.

I need waiting for more days to see the run status. thanks for your support!