Forum Discussion

Nene
Level 6
13 years ago

BEW- folder on C:\ when BEWS Remote agent is installed.

Hi Guys,

I need your help urgently. I had a Backup Exec 12.5 RA initially on a Windows 2008 32bit Domain Controller. I upgraded the RA to BEWS 2010 R3. I noticed that there are folders for BEW-48b9b3ef......... and otehr BEW-.... as shown in the screen below. The path of the VxlogServer install content is this: C:\BEW-323658b3a44c4180ab63dbadd4651561\VxPushRA\RAWS32\Install. What is VxlogServer? I have been trying to find out what these folder entries are for. Can i just uninstall the RA and delete those entries?

Thank you for your usual support.

• These are directiories which get created during push installation of the remote agent. So it is safe to delete those once RAWS is uninstalled. 

On top of that it should even be safe to delete those when RAWS is still installed as it is only the temporary location where files get copied to during the push install.

3 Replies

• You can delete these folders.  Sometimes when you push out the RAWS, they are not properly cleaned up during the installation process.

• These are directiories which get created during push installation of the remote agent. So it is safe to delete those once RAWS is uninstalled. 

On top of that it should even be safe to delete those when RAWS is still installed as it is only the temporary location where files get copied to during the push install.

• Hi pkh /Simon B,

I really appreciate your responses on this.

Thank you so much