Forum Discussion

spinnetho
Level 3
15 years ago

Cannot recreate deduplication storage folder

After som initil trobule we decided to "start over" and deleted the deduplication storage folder 1 in order to recreate it, we even formatted the iscsi disk target.
Now we cant recreate deduplication storage folder, nomatter what name it pops up with error saying "a deduplication storage folder with that name already exists"

What to do                 

• ok, finally after having Tech from Symantec online for 3 hours we managed to get this up and running.

It took some playing around with beutil, where the database was recreated from scratch (i choose to keep the database as i reinstalled)

initially that made small difference since another slightly different error message came up, trying to create dedup folder.
    After waiting 45 minutes for 3. level supporter, when he finally came onto the server, everything worked, and we had'nt changed a bit since 2.level gave up and ran a begather-.. so either the begatjer process changed something, or the server fixed itself... spooky.

my belief is that the database flush fixed it. and that it needed time for some strange reason to work.

thanks for your assitance sym_techie

17 Replies