Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Disk deduplicate to disk

Hi,

My company want to change the actual backup system.

So i try the last Backup Exec version, but i have a problem to make what i want.

I have configure a backup job "save to deduplicate disk" (NFS volume attach to the VM), it works.

next, in order to protect this data, i want to create a copy of this volume to a remote share, so i have created a new job "disk to disk" but when i launch a complete save, it copy nothing and say "succes", i don't understand why !

i hope my english is correct.

best regards,

Max

7 Replies

• Hi,

You would add in a stage, not a new backup job. the stage will duplicate your backups to the next storage device. a stand-alone job won't have much context of the previous job.

Bear in mind that when you duplicate from a dedupe folder (that's how you have described it in the topic) to another B2D, the data rehydrates.

Thanks!

SignauxGirod
      Level 3

Hi,

Thanks to you.

I understand you're solution but it's not that we want.

In the beginning we want to make a job to copy data on a deduplicate remote disk but it's not possible on BE 16.

So the idea that we thought is to copy the data deduplicate on the local deduplicate disk (create by BE) to the remote share.

If is'nt possible, have you another solution ?

Colin_Weaver

You need two BE servers to do that, one in local site one in remote site with both servers owning a deuplication stoarge folder and with a CASO (ESO) setup