Forum Discussion

19 years ago

DLO is backing UP outlook message by message

Some users have problems with DLO, it's too slow and slowing their PCs, when you see at pending files, it shows a list of all individual messages instead of complete PST file, so they have for example 3000 pending files, each file is really an individual message of their outlook mailbox. The result of this is that backUP never finished and the complete system turns too slow.

I've look for a configuration option for this and I didn't found anything.

Any help will be highly appreciated

Regards
Alfredo

6 Replies

• Hello,

Are you facing this problem only while performing the incremental backup of the pst's?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.
  • Hello,

Thanks for you soon answer, yes this problems happend while performing incremental backups, but we reinstall DLO and the problems starts again with the first backup., as allways the problem happends in the worst place is the president of the company, so I'll appreciate very much your help.

Thanks
    Alfredo
  • We had the exact same problem. Basically, you need to create a new backup selection specifically for .pst files. Add that backup selection into the profile and make sure you select to perform incremental backups of pst files. this resolved our problem.

This tech note should help

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/268078.htm
  • Hello,

Is the technote sent earlier been helpful. Please update so that we could continue further troubleshoting.

Note:- if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.
  • We followed the instaructions, but the problem is still the same.

So we did the following:

1.- Delete the USER from server.
    2.- Unistall Veritas DLO (we did it many times before).
    3.- Edit the registry and delete any entry about DLO and BackExec.
    4.- Delete al files about DLO from local PC
    5.- Change default language, from Spanish to english, and country from Chile to USA, we have detected some problems when language is diff. from englsh.
    6.- Install again and restart

I'm not sure what step did the trick, but Now it's seem to be working OK.

Regards
    Alfredo
  • Hello,

It seems that your issue is resolved.

If yes, please update us.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.