Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Error E000E020 on Backup Exec 2014.

Hello all, I would like to make a question regarding error E000E020, the error message I've been having in a remote site is: "e000e020 - The duration that this job is allowed to remain scheduled ha...
    8 years ago

If the duplicate to tape sits waiting for a tape, and the time this duplicate sits waiting for a tape goes beyond the timing for the next backup to disk within the same overall definition, then I suspect initial jobs to disk will go missed as well (especially if the waiting tape request for the duplicate goes beyond one job cycle and into further start times for the backup to disk.)

Basically when you have a repeating seqence of jobs in a single definition then as soon as one part of the sequence is held up, no further parts wil run, if this hold up last longer than 1 cycle of jobs then we would need to mark jobs as missed and only try to run the latest iteration.

You might be able to adjust things by setting automatic responses to the media request alerts and / or possibly reducing job time windows (both of which will cause the duplicate job to not run.)

At the end of the day though - you need to fix how your tapes are managed and / or check the status daily and not let multiple days (job cycles) pass before things are corrected.