Forum Discussion

BElearner
Level 4
10 years ago

Extracting data

I have got this 2 TB external HD which is connected to the server where Back up Exec resides in. I need to extract about 1.5 TB data from one of the jobs to this 2 TB external HD. Googled like all day but could not find a solution. Any suggestions? I am new and learning to use backup exec 2012. Thought it would be like   plugging in USB and doing the copy paste stuff...seems like it's much more than that....

• By extracting, do you mean that you want to get back the files from a backup?  If so, then you have to create a restore job and restore whatever files from that backup.  In your job, you specify file re-direction to restore the files to this external disk.

I would strongly recommend that you read the Admin Guide.

3 Replies

• By extracting, do you mean that you want to get back the files from a backup?  If so, then you have to create a restore job and restore whatever files from that backup.  In your job, you specify file re-direction to restore the files to this external disk.

I would strongly recommend that you read the Admin Guide.

• Thanks, going thru the Admin Guide. By extracting i mean duplicating backups to an external drive. I have got to a point where the "most recent full backup" is duplicating to an external 2 TB portable drive. How ever, i have got these error now which reads "The job failed with the following error: A checksum of the data has failed". Googling these errors as well as going thru the guide, but any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

• This usually means that the duplicate is bad.  It could be caused by your USB drive or poor USB connection.