Forum Discussion

scalli
Level 2
11 years ago

Extracting Enterprise Vault Archive Data

Hi All,

I'm new to Enterprise Vault and I'm having a little trouble putting together an implementation plan for extracting emails out of an Exchange/EV environment using .PST files for import into a brand new environment on a new domain.

So far I have come up with the following rough idea:

1. Disable archiving across all mailboxes to prevent any further transfers of data
  2. Export all archived mailboxes to individual .PST files and import into new environment
  3. Delete all archive stubs from Exchange mailboxes to prevent future conflicts
  4. Export all Exchange mailboxes to individual .PST files and import into new environment

I was hoping to get some comments on this plan.  It might be that there is a far simpler solution that I'm not aware of.  The idea of restoring all mail items to their original location is not an option due to capacity reasons.

Also, I've been having some trouble researching a method for completing step 1.  There doesn't seem to be any way of disabling Enterprise Vault other than setting the archive policy to only capture emails older than 1000 years (or something similar).  Am I mistaken here?  I would have thought this would be an easy task.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!!

- Scalli

11 Replies