Forum Discussion

IT-Phreak
Level 3
13 years ago

Files OEM13.INF;OEM14.INF; OEM20.INF Being skipped during backup

When I do a backup it always skips these files. I found previous articles that are now closed that said adding a text document with the same name makes it so it doesnt skip the file however, it is st...
    13 years ago

As well as the McAfee thing this is usually caused by 3rd party applications registering files as part of the System State requirements and then when those same files are removed, the registration is not removed.

If  the filename is unique and identifiable to a vendor then the correct answer is contact the vendor concerned for help removing the registration. If the files are generic names, as yours are, then creating "fake" versions of the files with the same name, extension and path should solve it.  I gather you have tried this and it did not work, did you make sure you could view extensions in Windows Explorer so that you can set the file extension correctly as if not you may have created files called OEM13.inf.txt (just as an example) which then will not workaround the error message.