Forum Discussion

YM_user
Level 4
9 years ago

How to add renewal license?

Hi,

I have renewed backup exec v-ray edition for 12 months and received certificate yet. The certificate has renewal order, customer number, entitlement ID but no license number. How can I add license in license portal? Thanks.

Best Regards,

YM User

• Actually, you don't have to install the maintenance licence. BE will still work. Entering the maintenance licence means that you will get a warning when maintenance if about to expire. That said, you can connect the Veritas Licencing Department if you have problems with licences

9 Replies

• Actually, you don't have to install the maintenance licence. BE will still work. Entering the maintenance licence means that you will get a warning when maintenance if about to expire. That said, you can connect the Veritas Licencing Department if you have problems with licences
  • Hi phk,

Thanks for your reply. If not entering renewal license, how can I get the latest product in license portal? Thanks.

Regards,

YM user

• I thought you were talking about entering the maintenance licence into BE itself. If you log on to the myVeritas.com website, you can enter the entitlement Id that you got. This will allow you to download the latest version of BE which is BE 15 and also generate the .slf files to enter into the BE 15 console
  • Thanks for pkh, Craigv's reply. You are very helpful! I add entitlement ID but said serial number is not found in database. How can I get assistance in veritas?

• Then you need to contact the Symantec licensing department...

• Try doing the same thing with the mySymantec.com site