Forum Discussion

EGit
Level 3
12 years ago

How to configure biparam.ini for SAP

Hi all,

I'm using Backup Exec 2010 to perform backup of my SAP installation. The media server and the SAP server are separated.

I got the things working (from SAP I can submit database job), but I can't configure parameters of the backup jobs properly. Because I didn't find the config file installed (biparam.ini), i googled that to search the options and checked the manual, but I can't figure how to set thing like backup method, priority and so on, because in the DBA-initiated job settings there are no those.

Also, I tried to create a policy with name "DEFAULT", but I can't see that in the job setup.

Can anyone help me please?

Thank you in advance

Stefano 

3 Replies

• Are you aware of the section, Configuring biparam.ini for the SAP Agent, on page 1388 of the Admin Guide?  It states that a template of the biparam.ini file is installed together with the BE SAP agent which is installed in the same directory as the BRTOOLS.

•  

Yeah, I read it. I found the system already installed with brtools, but that file didn't exists. Yesterday I managed how to change a lot of options (I changed the default ones in Tools > Options, and then I delete the DEFAULT job, that did the trick).

By the way, I can't set the job priority. Even if in the options is set to "Highest", it still take "Medium". This is not a terrible thing, but I'd like to fix that. Also, is there a way to set the FULL name of Backup? If I insert in biparam.ini the job name like "test backup", the name in the backup exec is something like "test backup Selection List 0035 - DEFAULT - DEFAULT"

By the way these are minor fix, the major ones are fixed (simply adjusting options, delete DEFAULT in DBA-Initiated Job Setting and restarting)

• ouch, my bad....I installed it with "push" by Backup Exec media server, so I can find it into "C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Agents\SAPX64".

Now there is the problem that, when I do the backup, it end with the error "backint not found". I check from some articles that backint and brtools must be in the same directory, but how can I do this if I can't control setup destination from push server? Need I to install manually to get the things working? Or is it enough to copy-paste the necessary files?

Thank you