Forum Discussion

13 years ago

How to update Backup Exec Remote Agent For Windows System_

Hi all!

I'm excperiencing connecting problems during night becakup to random clients - V-79-57344-65072 "the connection to target system has been lost".

I've checked Backup Exec RAWS version at media server as well as on all remote systems - it's 13.0.5204.109. The Backup Exec RAWS version on the media server in newer than enywhere else - it's 13.0.5204.114.

In order to try to resolve this issue I want to update agents first. Is it possible to do it automaticly?

The uninstallation process and push install doesn't help - the older version is installed.

18 Replies

• Have you tried to manually install all the .msp files from the RAWS - Updates folder ?

EDIT*** Do reboot the server after applying the updates

• Hi

I tried to same in my enviorment which seems to have same result with remote agent version on 13.0.5204.109 because if you go to help-about--install updates -- in backupexec you will see after sp1 there are four patches which it install & if you confirm the same by going to C-program file-symantec-backupexec-agent-raws32  or rawsx64 dir then you will see sp1 msp & 3 patches msp means actuallt after sp1 you will see only 2 patches msp which confirm it will only install the updates available in the raws32 or rawsx64 directory for your convience I am adding the snap of same you can confirm if you have same msp in your raws32 dir or rawsx64 directory

So no need to update if the version is now 13.0.5204.109

FYI(In the snap you will see I have open raws32 folder copied from Media server & I have the updates folder in it to show you the contents)

Thanks

• Hi!

Yes, there is the list of patches at Updates directory.

Actually, I don't understand clearly your explanation... What did you mean saying "eans actuallt after sp1 you will see only 2 patches msp which confirm it will only install the updates available in the raws32 or rawsx64 directory"?

What's the reason that there are three patches in Update directory BUT four in the BE > About > Installed updates?

• Hi

Take this in a way whatever updates you see in raws32 folder under agent directory or rawsx64 folder would be applied. So you can compare the snap posted by me & your raws32 folder under agent directory on media server & that should be same

Thanks

• Hi

Then that is perfect as said in my testing enviorment also it shows as the same remote agent version as in your case so should not be an issue

Thanks