Forum Discussion

12 years ago

incremental remain in "queued" state

Hi

I have the problem, that the incremental backups stay in "queued" state aufter changing the weekly full-backup Tapes.

Am i right, that the incremental starts only after the new full is done ?

So, if i change the Tapes on Monday, and the next Fullbackupjob is planned on Thursday, it will not be backuped until thursday while i planned incremental every day ?

Example:

Fullbackup-Tapechange: Monday

Fullbackup Thursday

incremental Backup Friday to Wednesday

many Thanks

SaMa

• hi, after reboot the server (services was not enough), the backup works properly

thanks guys

SaMa

9 Replies

• Its Not true , Incremental back can start irrespective of the Full backup .

If there is not full backup job ran then the 1st incremental backup job is as good as a full backup Job.

Check if there any alerts ?

• I am not too sure of what you have tried to explain but about the Incremental jobs being queued, are there any alerts like "Please insert an overwritable media" being auto responded or not being responded to. If you are using a pre 2012 version, you should be able find out from the Alerts tab - Active alerts/alerts history.

• hi, thanks for your answer.

so the i'm happy :-)

but then i dont understand why the incremental does not start. All Ressourcen (backup2Disk-Folder) are avilable and not locked with *.lck File.

where i find the log files ?

cheers

• ...is this in a tape drive, or an autoloader/library?

• OK...that second part (INCR going to disk) wasn't included in the original post...

• any ideas ? in the logs i see nothing.

there is nothin to respond or inserting a new tape, because its backuped to disk

thanx

• hi, after reboot the server (services was not enough), the backup works properly

thanks guys

SaMa