Forum Discussion

19 years ago

Jobs Failing on unselected folders

We have version 10 running on 2003 server. Although the selection list EXCLUDES certain files on another server the backup log says that it skips those files and then fails. I have restarted the services - I have resubmitted the job. I have even added those folders backin, submitted the job and then removed the folders and resubmitted the job. There are the usual skipped files involving dhcp or a temp folder and those don't seem to fail the job. Other than these skipped files I don't see other reasons for the failure.

In any event they should not show as skipped files since the are EXCLUDED from the job list.

Thouhgts would be appreciated.

6 Replies

• Hello,

Can you please mention the exact error message ?

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.
  • This is the error

Final error: 0xe00084b8 - An error occurred during backup. See the job log for details.
    Final error category: Job Errors

I have just now created the key Domino with the Dword value of Enable Client Support on the remote machine- value set to 1 per 1 of the articles. These skipped files are .nsf files in the Domino client program folder and I will have to see if this corrects the problem, but what I still don't understand is why the program is trying to back them up in the first place since, again, they are excluded. The server that is being backed up has a remote agent and have both the domino server and the client installed on it.

The BU Exec server has Service Pack 1 and hotfix 4 installed on it.
  • Hello,

Do not use an existing selection list create a new backup job and verify the result.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.
  • Just in case:
    Have you checked the selection in text mode for unwnated selections?

greetings
    Peter
  • Hello Steve,
    Could you Update us on the Issue please.
    ==================

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.