Forum Discussion

19 years ago

Library Expansion Option

Greetings!

Yesterday I built a new backup server (Windows 2003/BackupExec 10.0). I had previously obtained all of my updated serial numbers as the support I owned for BackupExec 9.1 included the upgrade path for its components. However, one feature that we owned on 9.1, we never got support on, so it wasn't included in the 10.0 serial numbers - the Library Expansion Option. I have placed an order with my reseller for the purchase of the new Option, but at this point I am waiting for everything to process before I get the serial number emailed to me. I would really like to have both tape drives in my library be usable for the backups tonight. Is there a temporary serial number I can use that will unlock the Library Expansion Option for a trial period, but long enough to have both drives usable until my order is processed and sent?

Thanks!

4 Replies

• Hello,

For any queries regarding serial numbers and licenses you will need to contact sales.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.
  • That's interesting, since I was told by Veritas to use this method to try to obtain a temporary serial number until the one I ordered was created and sent to me.

Incidentally, I received the serial number this morning. This thread can be closed.
  • Hello,

We thank you for the update on this post. We are hereby closing it.

Regards.
  • I had a similar issue and the simplest solution was to remove all serial numbers, so that BE runs up to 60 days under the trial license.
    All options are activated there.
    As with you case, my missing serial arrived two days later.