Forum Discussion

ccesar_qp
Level 3
10 years ago

Microsoft Hyper-v Host - VM´s not appears in the host

Guys,

i´m trying to insert some vm´s to my backup exec 2014 by adding these vm´s trough Microsft Hyper-v host in Add a Server option, when i choose the Server Host that has the Vm´s, Vm´s not appear. Follows printscreen atacched.

I have 4 node in failover cluster with Hyper-v in a Blade Center connected to a IBM Storage, my backup exec is using a IBM T. Library.

It could be a license issue?

I can insert those VM´s in the Microsoft Windows Computers and Servers and BE 2014 detects it like a Virtual Machine, but Symantec says that to use GRT we need to insert the VM´s using the Microsoft Hyper-V Host, rigth?

Thanks in advance.

• You do not need to add each VM separately.  You just need to backup the VM host and include all the VM's on it.  After the backup, the VM's will automatically be added.

I would suggest that you delete any VM's that you may have added before proceeding with a backup of the host.

• And to ensure a proper backup, there should be 4 Agent for Hyper-V licenses installed (one for every host) and a Remote Agent as well installed on all the nodes.

Do add the BE account in the Cluster Mgr with full rights for Hyper-V host and it should be a local admin as well on each Hyper-V host.

This will help too - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO99377

3 Replies

• You do not need to add each VM separately.  You just need to backup the VM host and include all the VM's on it.  After the backup, the VM's will automatically be added.

I would suggest that you delete any VM's that you may have added before proceeding with a backup of the host.

• And to ensure a proper backup, there should be 4 Agent for Hyper-V licenses installed (one for every host) and a Remote Agent as well installed on all the nodes.

Do add the BE account in the Cluster Mgr with full rights for Hyper-V host and it should be a local admin as well on each Hyper-V host.

This will help too - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO99377

• Friend. help me one thing. i need to get the size of all my backup jobs.. how can i get the exactly size of my backup..

I did a spreedsheet with all my data size, but for example the system state are not included on that..

Could you help me.. i need to present this for my boss and i need to plan my backup too and do i better plan of my enviroment and tapes..

Tks