Forum Discussion

paul_st
Level 3
15 years ago

PHYSICAL VOLUME LIBRARY ROBOT NOT FOUND

hi friends,
I have upgraded firmware on my library and tape drives, now everytime I try to invent or erase the job fails and I get error physical volume library robot not found? I'll be very thankful if you kindly help me on this.

Paul

• hi Paul,

In backup exec device tab right click on the drive and properties - configuration - and remove the check box from enable this device for backup exec.

Do the same for the library.

Then right click on the drive first and delete it out of backup exec. Delete the library.

Cycle the backup exec services

Harry

2 Replies

• Paul,

The firmware upgrade probably changed the inquiry string that Backup Exec uses to communicate with the library.  I would suggest deleting the device from inside of backup exec (steps below) then cycling the Backup Exec services to force it to redetect the library and tape drives.

steps to delete devices.
    1. Go to the Device tab in Backup Exec
    2. Right click on each drive and uncheck enabled
    3. Right click on each drive and select delete. Confirm the deletion
    4. Right click on the library and select delete. Cofirm the deletion.  You also may be prompted to retarget your jobs.  Retarget all of them to All Devices.
    5. Once all the tape drives and library have been removed go to Tools -Backup Exec Services.  Select restart all services
    6. Once all the services have been restarted go back into Backup Exec and verify the library and drives are listed correctly then try an inventory.
  • hi Paul,

In backup exec device tab right click on the drive and properties - configuration - and remove the check box from enable this device for backup exec.

Do the same for the library.

Then right click on the drive first and delete it out of backup exec. Delete the library.

Cycle the backup exec services

Harry