Forum Discussion

14 years ago

Pre-Processing - stopping services

I stop a service by using the following in a pre-processing command: net stop "service"

How can I stop 2 services this way?? Or what do I need to do to stop 2 different services before the backup runs?

Thanks

• Hi,

Put it into a batch file and run the batch file as a pre-command in your job.

Make sure that you select the option (which is defaulted) to: Run job only if pre-command is successful.

If those services need to be restarted after the backup, enter that batch file into the next block below, and keep the 2 options below the command above selected.

Thanks!

5 Replies

• Hi,

Put it into a batch file and run the batch file as a pre-command in your job.

Make sure that you select the option (which is defaulted) to: Run job only if pre-command is successful.

If those services need to be restarted after the backup, enter that batch file into the next block below, and keep the 2 options below the command above selected.

Thanks!

• Many thanks.

Yes, I had just created a quick batch file and tested on another PC.

How do I put this into the Pre-Processing area? For example, if I just place the batch file in the root of the C: , do I just put C:\batch.bat in the pre-processing field??

I'll have a seperate batch file to start the services again after the backup.

• Hi,

Yes...you'd need the location, so c:\batch.bat will be it.

• Great, post back with an update, and if it works you can close off the query.

Cheers!