Forum Discussion

James_Ho
Level 4
11 years ago

Job Failing with "The logon account does not have valid credentials"

Backup Exec 2012 Windows 2008 Server R2 64 bit This is the job log error: Check status : Error: e0009b61, The job failed with the following error: Backup Exec could not log on to the server wi...
    11 years ago

After weeks of trying to solve this and having the first Symantec technician tell me,
    "The SQL database backups are different in 2012. You don't have to actually see the databases in the selection list in order for them to be backed up. As long as the files are being backed up, then the databases are being backed up."
    WHICH IS WRONG.

I called in to tech support and requested someone that actually knew what he was doing. First the new tech tells me that the databases are not being backed up because the files on the server are being backed up.

Within 30 minutes of reviewing the case and checking one thing on the media server (the fact that I can back up files on the server but not the databases) he determined that this was a licensing issue.

Apparently the installation of BE 2012 SP2 uninstalled all of my licenses except the core license. It is strange that only one of my SQL servers was throwing an error. The other servers did not have any errors and they were not backing up the databases because of the same credential problem. After re-installing the licenses (note - you cannot have any jobs running when doing this) I can now see the databases in the selection list and the credentials tests all pass.