Forum Discussion

uglytuna
Level 2
12 years ago

Ready, No Idle Device Are Available

Okay working with Backup Exec 2012 Sp1a which had just be upgrade from BE2010.

Here's the scenerio;

Working with 3 Windows servers.  I created a backup jobs for each server.  I have one Storage device (3TB Disk).  I scheduled all my jobs to go off at 7pm every night for each server to my one Storage device.  So 7pm comes and one job goes off and the other jobs say; Ready; No devices are availiable.

So I assume once the first job completes I speculate the next job will go off and repeat for the last server ?!?!

Questions.....

(1) Is this by design? This will kill my backup Window.  With BE2010 I created seperate backup folders to disk folders for each server and backup the data to each individual folder.  Then I was able to kick off my 3 server jobs at the same time.

(2) Is there away I can do this with BE2012?

(3) Do I need to buy 3 seperate storage devices? to run these jobs simulatinously?

Please advise

Greg

• By increasing the number of concurrent write operations of that disk storage, you can have more jobs running paralelly to disk storage.

To edit disk storage properties, goto storage view, double click on disk storage and select properties from the left pane. Change the settings as required and Apply them.

2 Replies

• By increasing the number of concurrent write operations of that disk storage, you can have more jobs running paralelly to disk storage.

To edit disk storage properties, goto storage view, double click on disk storage and select properties from the left pane. Change the settings as required and Apply them.