Forum Discussion

OlsP
Level 4
10 years ago

Scheduled Reports Missing

Hi.

I have a strange issue, I run scheduled reports every day to inform me of what is going on with my backupexec environment.

Currently i receive the reports, BUT when i look under reports - See Upcoming, it is empty.

the jobs still appear to execute, but i am unable to edit them as they do not show.

I cannot recreate them, as i get an error on the report name already exists.

Is there a way to "unhide" or to find these reports?

thanks

Olly

11 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi,

Run a repair of the BEDB using BEutility.exe to rule out any DB corruption. It makes no changes and is safe to do so.

Thanks!

• Would recommend to run a repair of BE itself first and if that doesn't help, follow this KB - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH125262

If the server name wasn't ever changed, run the second step directly which updates the Reports table.

• Hi.

Thanks for the suggesstion.

I have just run a couple of the options, to check consistancy etc and it didnt find anything, so ran the repair, but the issue still remains.

thanks

• Good article.

Followed the steps. the server had the correct name, so went to Step 2 and ran the osql command.

The scheduled reports are still not showing though :(

thanks

Olly

• What's the version of BE which you are using ? Is there any notification/alert to the extreme, lower left bottom corner of the UI ?

Do these scheduled reports show up under "Completed Reports" section ?

• Hi

We are running BE 2014 patched upto but not including SP1 (scheduled for this Friday)

For errors i get 2 regarding the report. The first is - The job failed with the following error: The Backup Exec Job engine system service is not responding, but then a minute later i receive the email with the report in.

I see them all in completed reports and they show as successful.

thanks

• Any other errors/warnings under the event viewer ?

Would recommend to check after installing SP1, else to log a formal support case.

• Hi,

Any update about this issue ?

I also meet the same problem. I have 57 tasks show on the bottom of window. But only can find 55 tasks in task list , I missing 2 daily report tasks. And can not find report jobs in reports tab. I got jobs fail everyday but no way to delete this two jobs.

20150312 error-1.png

OlsP
      Level 4

HI.

The scheduled reports still ran but just didnt show in the gui. I eventually found a way to delete the reports that were not showing from SQL. I then recreated them in BEXEC.

We are now on 2016 FP2 and the problem came back. SO again i have running reports but nothing in the gui. i also get an alert that the job failed due to lack of resources, but the report still runs.

Hemant_Jain
        Level 6

Can you attach your database here? We will need file by name BEDB.bak under Data folder, from the directory where Backup Exec is installed.