Forum Discussion

macpiano
Level 6
14 years ago

Trial License question

I have my backup exec fully licensed for what I need. I want to do the 60 day trial of the dedupe option. We are buying the licenses but with the holidays and PO processes etc. I won't get the real ones for at least a month. Is there a way to do the 60 trail of the option right in the same console?

thanks

gary

• Yes.  Install the option from within the console.  Dont put in a license key, it'll work for 60 days providing you didn't trial that feature already.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Yes.  Install the option from within the console.  Dont put in a license key, it'll work for 60 days providing you didn't trial that feature already.

• Remember that dedup requires the media server to be a 64-bit machine.

• It will be 2008 R2 64 bit with 24 gigs of ram, dual 6 cores, and 4.6 TB of drive space. I will have 4 of them, one at each site. Thanks for the info, that way I can get it setup and then when the license key comes in I'm all set.

Gary

and Tevia-boy, always good advice

• Note you wont be able to trial CASO nor SSO though.  CASO would be needed if you wanted to manage all of the media servers centrally or replicate your backup jobs to the other media servers.

For whatever reason, trialing these features has been disabled, or is only available via a trial on a fresh install?