Forum Discussion

Rk_Freak
Level 4
13 years ago

Unable to start Backup Exec Services after stoping before upgrading my tape drive drivers.

Hi All, We are using HP DAT320 Tape Drive for our Backup. My Tape Drive Drivers are old and I wish to upgrade them, because we are unable to compress data properly. After consulting HP they sugge...
    13 years ago

Hi

In your case I saw the issue was with wrong password or change password by you so backupexec services was giving log on failure

When you updated the password then it was the issue with lugetupdate.exe which was in task manager so yes if beserver service is not starting you can try looking for that process & then kill it & that still doesnot start the service mean you need to find the root cause so in that case you trace it by running in console mode or by checking error in application tab of event viewer

About your tape drive issue , I don't think it was realted to services failure & yes if your tape drive is old then you can update the firmware , you can also call you h/w support if it is supported to ensure you are updating the right firmware & drivers

Hope this helps

Thanks