Forum Discussion

optics_az
Level 3
13 years ago

Upgrade to BE 2012 issues with BE 2010 DLO

I am trying to upgrade to BE 2012 from BE 2010 v13.0.4164 and during the install verification I get the following error message: "Backup Exec Desktop and Laptop Option feature has been detected on th...
    13 years ago

This is my final comment on the saga of Symantec BE 2010 DLO issue and the upgrade to BE 2012. This ranks up there one of the worst experiences that I have had with a software upgrades. I thought Symantec said they learned from past mistakes, or at least that is what they said in one of the upgrade promos.

After all the attempts that I tried, all the help from the forum, and even a consultant (they could not get it to work either and I could never get hold of Symantec to get any help); I ended up uninstalling all of BE 2010 and starting over with a fresh install BE 2012. The new install was not without its issue since I no longer had any configuration information and the new interface to a bit to get use to as many of the setting have moved around.  I will seriously have to review whether Symantec BE is the best option.  I consider this issue dead on my end. Good luck with other having the same issue.