Forum Discussion

viper77
Level 2
10 years ago

What exactly is included in Backup Exec V-Ray Edition 2014?

Hello all I've read so many technical articels, blogs, white papers about the licensing from BE V-Ray 2014 but my confusion grows and grows... Even a sales employee from Symantec has given me i...
    10 years ago
    When you backup the entire VM with BE, you can restore individual files/folders from this same backup. This is GRT. You can also restore individual Exchange items from this backup. You don't need to redirect the files or Exchange items during a restore. They can go back to the original location. I don't know why you need another product to backup the entire VM. This is the purpose of having the BE VMWare agent license. An unlimited Agent for Application and Databases licenses is included in the V-Ray edition, but you need to buy them if you only buy the VMWare agent license. The VMWare agent license only includes unlimited AWS/RALUS license. If your customer is on a current maintenance contract then he could have upgraded all the licenses for free and only need to buy the VMWare agent licenses. He would have saved a bundle. I hope your customer is not looking at this forum