Forum Discussion

20 years ago

Xp machine not appearing in computer selection list

Hi. I have one xp machine (SP2) that does not appear in the computer selection list. I have run the RANT 32 setup and made sure the beremote was an exception in the firewall and it does appear in my domain computer list but it doesn't appear in the backup computer selections with all the other domain computers both xp and 2002. I have made sure it is not hidden as well.

Any other suggestions of what to check for would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Lori

3 Replies

• Aloha -

We had this happen with a 2k server. Never figured out why, but our solution was to create a User Defined Selection for that server using it's IP (\\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\c$)

> Hi. I have one xp machine (SP2) that does not appear
    > in the computer selection list. I have run the RANT
    > 32 setup and made sure the beremote was an exception
    > in the firewall and it does appear in my domain
    > computer list but it doesn't appear in the backup
    > computer selections with all the other domain
    > computers both xp and 2002. I have made sure it is
    > not hidden as well.
    >
    > Any other suggestions of what to check for would be
    > greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Lori
  • Hello,

1. . The Windows XP workstation must be part of a domain, or guest-level share access must be disabled. Please refer to the Related Documents section for more information regarding Windows XP and disabling of force guest (guest-level share access).

2. Disable the force guest configuration on the windows XP machine:
    http://support.veritas.com/docs/241419

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.
  • As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.