Forum Discussion

11 years ago

How to remove a service group

I would like to remove the SG, will the below steps work? hagrp -offline SG –sys server1 hares –delete resources - delete parent resources first since resources are dependent on others Parent - tony, Child - ting So, run command hares -delete tony (first) hagrp –delete SG

• Any order as these are resource dependencies (hares -dep), not group dependencies (hagrp -dep).

Mike

7 Replies

•  

Yes this would fine, but it does not matter what order you delete the resources, in fact you don't even have to stop the service group first, so basically as you have listed, you just delete all resources and then delete the group.

Mike
  • So, Can I delete child resource first before deleting parent one? # hares -dep tony #Parent Child Relationship tony ting online local firm
  • Just want to confirm again, No matter how many resources exist and their dependencies, we can delete resource in whatorder order we like. AM I correct?
  • resources yes, groups no (ie: you need to unlink any dependent groups before deleting)

Interestingly (or suspiciously?) - the dependency output example you provided above ( https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/how-remove-service-group#comment-9124161 ) seems to be for a group (online local firm) rather than a resource, even though the cmd was supposedly hares .....

• Sorry for the confusion. The resource dependency is somthing like this... @test1 /root # hares -dep tony-o #Group Parent Child tom-SG tony-o tom-fs-M tom-SG tony-o tom-oracle-fs-M tom-SG tony-o tom-ora-dum-fs-M tom-SG tony-o tom-ora-aud-fs-M tom-SG tony-o tom-data-temp-fs-M tom-SG tony-o tom-tony-ora-fs-M So, we can delete the parent resource (tony-o) first and then remove the child resources (or) any order as you suggested.
  • Any order as these are resource dependencies (hares -dep), not group dependencies (hagrp -dep).

Mike