Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Integrating SAP with VCS 6.2 (on Oracle Linux 6.5)

Hi, I was wondering if someone has some additional information regarding how to setup my cluster... I have both VCS (inclusing Storage Foundation) and Linux knowledge. I do however have no back...
    10 years ago

The 6.2 agent is a different agent - this is agent found at https://sort.symantec.com/agents/detail/2621 which has desc:

Agent: SAPNW 6.2.2.0
    Application name: SAP NetWeaver with HA-API support
    Application version(s): PI, CE, Mobile, ERP, SRM, CRM, SCM with SAP Kernel 7.20 DCK
    Application components: Application Server, Enqueue, Enqueue Replication, Solution Manager Diagnosis Agent

and the agent name is SAPNW - pdf:  vcs_sapnw_install.pdf

Where as the one you have installed is:

Agent: SAPNW04 5.0.16.0
    Application name: SAP NetWeaver
    Application version(s): SAP R/3 4.6, R/3 Enterprise 4.7, NW04, NW04s, ERP/ECC 5.0/6.0, SCM/APO 4.1/5.0/5.1/7.0, SRM 4.0/5.0/7.0, CRM 4.0/5.0/7.0
    Application components: Central Inst,Dialong Instance,Enqueue,Enqueue Replication,Java and Add-In support,

and the agent name is SAPNW04 - pdf: vcs_sapnetweaver_install.pdf

I have brought this up with Symantec before that the names of the agents and the docs are very confusing as the "About the agent" in the pdf does not properly distinguish the agent from other SAP agents as the above desc do from SORT

The EnqSrvResName is not a required attribute - again bad documentation - this is only required if you are using Enqueue Replication.  The GUI's have the same issue with required attributes as the XML that describes required attributes does not have the abilty to say "this attribute is required if other attribute is set to X" and so you will find that the GUI says attibutes are required when they are not.

Mike